BOARD OF DIRECTORS APPLICATION
Note: You are not able to close out of this session to come back and complete your application. You may also download a PDF version and email it to your Board Sponsor.
Service to the Board of Directors requires a commitment of your time and abilities. To accomplish our mission and vision, our Board of Directors must be committed to attending programs, events, and board meetings throughout the year. Please speak with your Board sponsor about the application process and Director duties. We look forward to reviewing your application!
- The application includes: (i) this Board of Director Application form, and (ii) a letter of recommendation from your Board sponsor.
- Board of Director applicants are required to have a sponsor who currently serves as a Director on the Board. We encourage you to speak with your sponsor about the role of a Director, including responsibilities and time commitment.
- Your Board sponsor will submit your application and any attachments for consideration.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Board to determine which applicants will be interviewed. You will be notified by the Chair if you are selected to participate in an interview.
- If you are selected to participate, the interviews will take place on May 17, 2021 between 3:00 and 6:00 pm., via Zoom. You will be provided an exact time slot for your interview in advance.
- The Board will determine the new Board of Directors on May 18, 2021, and you will be notified on May 19, 2021, as to the final decision on your selection.
- If chosen for the Board, you will attend a mandatory orientation at a time which will be determined by the Chair.
- A virtual question and answer session will be held with current Board members on Monday, April 26, 2021, from noon to 2:00 p.m., to answer any questions prospective applicants may have about the application, as well as general questions regarding Board service and responsibilities. There is no formal presentation and you are welcome to join at any time during the two hour window.
The following provides a general summary of Tampa Connection Director responsibilities:
- The Tampa Connection Board consists of up to 24 Directors.
- Directors serve a 3-year term with an option for an additional 3-year term.
- Board meetings will likely be scheduled on the Tuesday following a class program and last approximately 1 ½ hours.
- This is a “working” board with responsibilities and duties.
- Each new Director will likely participate on the Effective Curriculum Pillar, which entails planning the programs for the class members throughout the year.
- All new Directors will likely serve as Team Mentors their first year. Team Mentors attend team meetings and provide support and guidance for the team. They report to the Secretary and Immediate Past Chair.
- All Directors of the Board attend program events, participate in one of the Pillars, and participate in the recruiting and selecting of new class members and Board Directors.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks depend on each Director’s role. They range from marketing, website/social, alumni engagement, recruitment, nonprofit engagement, and other duties necessary to ensure the fulfillment of the Tampa Connection mission and vision.